Training For Internal Linking
Important Tips - THESE TIPS WILL ALL BE UPDATED SOON
- Never chose content topics that are based on DIY (do it yourself) methods or questions
- I personally use the chrome app called GS Location Changer so when searching I get accurate search results for the exact area. (If you are just getting started you do not have to download any of the plugins mentioned here)
- These should all have at minimum 3-5 headings
- Be sure that the content used, is on topic and readable.
- If the article topic is answering a questions it must directly answer the question in the first paragraph.
- Always remove phone numbers, brand or company names when using content from company sites.
- Titles and URL's NEED to be in question form, the way someone would search it. Title and URL are the most important places to place keywords. KEEP URLS AS SHORT AS POSSIBLE, and slightly varied from the title
- Please create a google doc or google spreadsheet with any topics, internal links created and what anchors were used. Example Sheet
*ONLY IF USING DIVI - Please click the "use the divi builder" button and if you are making cluster pages make it a blank page before publishing. When doing using Divi, the page title will not show in the content, it will only show as the page title so a relevant variation of the main keyword will needed to be added to an HI in the content.
✔ Home Page To Main Topic Page (In Content)
✔ Home Page To Location Page (In Content)
✔ Main Topic To Location Page
✔ Location Page To Main Topic Page
✔ Create 5 Content Pages
✔ Link To Location Page From Each Of The Content Pages
✔ Link Each Content Topic To The Next, Creating A Full Circle From The Last To The First
✔ Link The Location Page To Each Of The Content Pages
Linking Out From The Home Page
Interlinking Main Topic and Location Page Together
Content Pages – Finding Content Topics
Finding and Adding Content
After you learn how to find content (in the first 3min of the video), stop this video and watch the video below as we no longer use article spinners
The Best Content Structure
(not mandatory for test work)
Linking Content Pages To Location Page
Linking Content Pages Together & Linking Back From The Location Page